Meeting was called to order: 6:08 pm by our president, Shane Guilliams
Minutes: New business item B-Scholarship topic was in error. It should have read “Erica moved that we look for a replacement pending a possible out of state move by Donna Lucchesi. Motion carried.” Minutes approved with this amendment.
Treasurer’s Report: Current balance $ 3278.61—Ray has not been reimbursed from our Columbia account. Jill has deposited another $1100 from football books.
Old Business –
A. Big 12 Update:
1. Picnic 11/7 – emailed invitations have gone out. No one has volunteered to help the Texas rep who reserved the park and has done most of the planning with Jill’s input and help.
B. Website update minutes – Done. Erica will ask Steve if he will do this in the future, since he is our webmaster.
C. Goals Review:
1. Endowment letter – add a page to our website w/ Paypal link or send payment directly to Mizzou. Erica will ask Jayson. She has not recd a response yet.
D. Football books – Only 23 left for Jill and Shane to take back to Columbia
A. Leaders’ weekend –Sept 17th-19th – Shane, Don and Jill are going, Don Prater to receive Legacy award
B. Football watch parties – None scheduled at this time
C. Golden graduates event –
1. Sunday, Oct 10. 1-4 PM Reservation at Marie Callendars, 4573 E Cactus Rd. Marie Callendars is giving us the 3rd entrée free. Cost for honoree – free; cost for guest of honoree - half price; cost to the chapter - $23.19 per attendee
2. Registration will take place in Columbia
3. Food to be served at 1:30
4. Agenda to include:
a. Promote watch parties
b. Big XII Picnic
c. Mizzou Then and Now
d. Table Topics – Erica will put these together
e. Presentation of Medallions
f. Next year’s ASU/Mizzou game here with tailgate party
g. Scholarship Endowment – Shane to follow up with Jayson on current balance and status of matching funds. He will also find out if Jayson needs a screen, laptop and/or projector, and will also ask Jayson to bring an extra medal for Don Prater, who will not be able to attend.
Board comments: We discussed having a watch party for the Colorado game 10/9, the day before our Golden Graduates event. We all agreed that we would encourage people to go to Frasher's for a non-sanctioned, impromptu watch party for that game.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:51 pm.
Next Board meeting- Monday, Oct 11, 2010 Larry’s office 6245 N 24th Parkway , Ste 201, Phoenix, AZ 85016. Jayson will stay over to do a training session for us during this meeting.