January 10, 2011
Attendees: Shane Guilliams, Erica Brooks, Lisa Amato, Rozanne Hird, Amy Grimes, Jill Waldrop, Sara Turley, Larry Harris, Rozanne Hird
Meeting was called to order: 6:10 pm by our president, Shane Guilliams
Minutes: Minutes approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Current balance $ 3695.72. Ray hasn’t paid second semester scholarships and last 2 football books and Shane has a $ 442 deposit from candy and raffle tickets.
Old Business –
A. Big 12 Update: Meeting tomorrow night
B. Goals Review:
a. Membership – We have 4 new members, and we get credit for the 17 signed up during bowl game activities
A. Mizzou candy bars- sold out! Shane deposited $ 442.
B. T-Shirts- We have several boxes of homecoming tshirts which Jayson left with us. We agreed to sell them for $10 each
C. Watch parties –
a. 1/15th Texas A&M 11 am
b. 1/29 Texas, 7 pm.
D. Summer event with the Mercury – Amber Cox, COO of the Mercury contacted Erica & wants to have us at a Mercury game. We decided to do it on Sun July 10 3 pm against Tulsa
- Insight Bowl –
- Feedback – Lots of positive from MAA as well as general attendees.
- Twitter and Facebook- Lots of new followers. Erica did a great job.
- Frasher’s on TV- Not everyone watched, but those who did reported it was not that great a spot.
- Scholarship- Shane will notify Jayson that Sara Turley is our new scholarship chair
- Recruitment Last Wed Parker and Adrianna went to Corona and spoke to 20 students. On the 6th, Adrianna presented to 15 members of the Journalism club. Our other students have not responded to Lisa’s calls.
- Columns update – Larry said we are on target to complete
- 2 forms for Jayson – Shane received from Jill and has forwarded to Jayson.
- Feb meeting – falls on Valentines day. We decided to move to Feb 7. Afte discussion, we decided to hold our Founder’s Day watch party on Sat Feb 12, 11:30, with an alternate date of Tues Feb 15. Erica suggested we do a highlight reel @ a watch party. We can request sports highlights from watch party attendees, then ask Parker to put together something for us to show at watch parties.
- Interest in MAA Membership – 2 people completed forms and expressed an interest in joining. Erica will follow up with them.
- Interest in Tiger Business network – Shane will forward the email request he received to David Roloff (membership at MAA)
The meeting was adjourned at 7:04 pm.
Next Board meeting- Monday, Feb 7, 2011 Larry’s office 6245 N 24th Parkway , Ste 201, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Rozanne Hird, Secretary