February 7, 2011
Attendees: Shane Guilliams, Erica Brooks, Lisa Amato, Rozanne Hird, Amy Grimes, Sara Turley, Larry Harris, Chris Clemens, Greg Evans, Eva Gergli, Rozanne Hird, and Jill Waldrop by phone
Meeting was called to order: 6:04 pm by our president, Shane Guilliams
Minutes: Minutes approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Current balance $ 3017.03 with 2 outstanding checks from football books, approved.
Old Business –
1. Big 12 Update: Meeting tomorrow night scheduling 2 dates for St. Vinny’s and Dbacks and Phoenix Mercury. Softball tournament will be April 16
A. T-Shirts- 6 shirts sold at watch party
B. Watch parties –
a. Founders day Feb 15th 6 pm
b. Candace Garb email on Nebraska watch party – George can’t get Neb game March 1 so no watch party. Shane will email her a list of alternate sites.
c. Other KU 3/5 @ Columbia- Shane will check with George
C. Summer event with the Mercury – Roderick and Jill went to Suns game last week compliments of Mercury who want to do an event with us. Jill suggested combining this with Tertulia July 10. She is not sure if they are going back to Mizzou this spring.
- Scholarship- Sara hasn’t received any info yet. She has responded to 1 potential student. She will follow up with Jayson to find out if he has any applicants and what is the deadline to apply.
- Recruitment Done for the year
- Columns update – Larry passed out complete info on our columns status. We will have Tradition done with Founder’s Day, Responsibility, we have 17 new members, Pride- Jill will nominate Rozanne for Pride award and Lisa suggested nominating Erica for Gold. The 10 tickets we donated to the Insight Bowl goes under Responsibility. We still owe MU $513 for the tickets. Larry made a motion that we should use the allocation funds of $333 and take the remaining $178 out of our local funds. Motion passed. Ray will send Jayson a check.
- New emails – Shane has added several new potential members to his email list. He will forward to the board so we can follow up with them as well.
- MAA Respect email from Ruth Dunlap- Shane received an email from the Secy of Houston chapter with questions. He will forward to us.
- Rugby event email from Sean Hopper – Rugby event Feb 12 and 13 in Vegas. He invited us to join him if we were there that weekend.
- Interest in Tiger Business Network – Erica suggested we should contact Stan Utley @ Greyhawk to see if he wants to be a part of the Tiger Business Network.
Erica asked Rozanne to send the minutes to the entire board.
Jill – is on the National Kidney Foundation planning committee for their fundraiser walk. She proposed we put together a team to walk @ Chase Field. She asked if US Food could donate bottled water. Shane will check.
Lisa announced the new AASB VP of Traditions is Adrianna
The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Next Board meeting- Monday, March 14, 2011 Larry’s office 6245 N 24th Parkway , Ste 201, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
Rozanne Hird, Secretary