Meeting was called to order: 6:09 pm by our president, Erica Brooks
Treasurer’s Report: $ 3292.02 Balance. We will have a new expense of $29.94 for domain name/new website hosting every six months.
Old Business –
A. Past & upcoming events:
1. Watch party: Jan 30 vs OSU 15 people attended- we won
2. Feb 13 Founders Day, year of the Tiger dinner – Amy to bring signed True Sons book, we should have about 15 people, Jayson sending goody bags, Mizzou fortune cookies. Larry Wade very concerned this is not a watch party & will pay for showing the game if we do it earlier. We voted to leave as is.
3. Upcoming watch party: March 6 for KU game @ noon
B. Big 12 Update:
1. Feb 18 Happy Hour @ Arcadia Tavern
2. Feb 26 Suns game – No RSVPs recd
C. Columns update:
We have 5 members, will get Pride @ Founders Day and Tradition when we do nomination . We are on target.
D. Goals Review:
1. Membership: Currently at 5. Goal is10. Recruit @ watch parties & Golden Grad party. Lisa said parent membership is cheaper when sent in with student, will check on current parents and let us know if they have joined.
2. Contacting high school newspapers: Nothing has been done. Larry tabled until next year.
3. Relationship with Kim Covington: Relationship is still being nurtured. Tertulia teacher sent a couple of available dates to Jill who forwarded to Kim. Hasn’t heard back yet.
E. Tertulia trip
Diversity Grant app has been submitted. 2/24 is their next meeting.
F. 50 Year Graduate Event:
1. When – Checking with Jayson for a day in May
2. Where – Rozanne checking on Marie Callenders, Erica to contact the Koppenbrinks
3. Program – Jayson will bring projector and medals & Mizzou will pay for his trip
4. Mizzou will comp printing, we only need to pay for postage of ~ $100 to send to 260 people, room and food.
5. Shane will submit grant request before 2/15
6. To Do – Secure date and location before next board meeting
A. Award submission – Due by 5/1 Tiger Pride or G.O.L.D. or new Alumni Legacy for lifetime achievement – Don Prater was nominated and unanimously passed
Board comments: Jill - Collegiate week on Jeopardy and a Mizzou girl won her round. What will we do to honor our students when they come back in June? Adrianna was selected as a member of summer welcome committee. Parker selected J school tour guide.
Next Board meeting- Monday, March 8, 2010 @ Larry’s office
The meeting was adjourned at 7:13 pm.
Rozanne Hird, Secretary